Hip fractures, especially in people age 65 and over, can cause severe health problems and decreased quality of life.
According to the Centers for Disease Control more than 90 percent of hip fractures in older adults are due to falls. The HealthSouth Hip Fracture Recovery program is designed to help patients get back to their normal everyday life following a hip fracture. Our team of therapists offers the latest innovations and training techniques to provide a well-rounded focus on overall hip mobility and pain management.
How rehabilitation can make a difference:
Our coordinated inpatient and outpatient programs focus on improving mobility and daily activities and preventing falls through:
- Tips on fall prevention
- Specially designed exercises to target prolonged activities
- Exercises that promote walking and balance progress
- Teaching alternative ways to do everyday activities
- Appropriate adaptive equipment
- Pain management techniques
- Specially designed exercises to improve endurance
Find a location near you with a hip fracture recovery program.