Brain Injury Rehabilitation, Treatment and Recovery
Brain injury can occur in different ways. Trauma is often involved, such as a sports injury, fall or motor vehicle accident. Brain injury can also occur without trauma, for example, the result of a stroke or infection.
Medical care is the first step in treatment to stabilize and promote the brain’s healing. For long-term treatment planning, rehabilitation plays an important role.
With a long track record of experienced, specialized brain injury rehabilitation, HealthSouth has restored hope and encouraged maximum outcomes for many patients and their families.
Brain injury rehabilitation focuses on:
- Restoring the best possible level of physical, cognitive and behavioral function
- Improvement for a return to home, school or work
- Training and adaptation for long-term limitations
- Home-based services assessments, as needed
- Emotional support for the patient and caregivers