At HealthSouth we recognize that the needs of children are special. We believe their treatment should be special, too. Some HealthSouth locations have individualized rehabilitation programs just for children and adolescents, depending on the illness or injury*.
Specialized treatment includes:
- Therapy gym just for children and adolescents
- Equipment tailored for kids and their unique therapeutic needs
- Therapists trained in working with children
- Education for parents on specialized needs and continued rehabilitation
- Trained nurses to make children feel at home when an overnight stay is required
- Adaptable accommodations if parents want to stay with their child
- Involvement of siblings and peers in treatment as appropriate
- Age-appropriate learning methods and tools
Find a location near you that provides pediatric rehabilitation.
* This program may not be available at all HealthSouth hospitals, please check with your local hospital to see if this service is provided.