It is hard to understand what you can’t see. But, if you have a chronic pain disease or experience recurring pain because of an illness or injury, you know you hurt. Unlike acute pain that alerts the body to possible injury, chronic pain just keeps going. According to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, some people suffer from chronic pain in the absence of any past injury.
Pain management therapy
HealthSouth can help. Because of the HealthSouth team approach to therapy, we can develop an individualized plan that can help reduce and manage a patient’s pain. Treatment may include the following:
- Medication management
- Occupational therapy to improve activities of daily living
- Physical therapy and exercises to strengthen the body
- Alternative pain management strategies and techniques
- Nutritional plan to help maintain an healthy weight
- Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) techniques to help with swollen arms and legs
- Patient and family education
Find a location near you with a pain management program.