Hip fractures, especially in people age 65 and over, can cause severe health problems and decreased quality of life – but it doesn’t have to be that way. The HealthSouth Hip and Healthy program is designed to help patients get back to their normal everyday life following a hip fracture.
According to the Centers for Disease Control more than 90 percent of hip fractures in older adults are due to falls. Our program is designed for patients who have experienced a fracture and want to return to a normal life and live as independently as possible. Our team of therapists offer the latest innovations and training techniques to provide a well-rounded focus on overall hip mobility and pain management.
The HealthSouth program includes:
- Tips on fall prevention
- Specially designed exercises to target prolonged activities
- Exercises that promote walking and balance progress
- Alternative ways to do everyday activities
- Appropriate adaptive equipment
- Pain management techniques
Find a location near you with a hip fracture recovery program.