HealthSouth’s occupational therapy team assists the patients in developing the skills to take care of themselves when a health problem limits normal, day-to-day activity, such as bathing, dressing, eating, preparing meals, doing housework and managing personal business. Therapy may include the following:
- Exercises related to activities and function of the upper body
- Training to improve self-care, dressing and activities of daily living
- Assessment for visual and spatial impairment
- Energy conservation measures for improved endurance
- Home improvements for safety and increased independence
- Training on the use of adaptive equipment to improve independence and safety during daily life tasks
- Assessment and treatment of cognitive impairments
Find a location offering occupational therapy near you.
* This program may not be available at all HealthSouth hospitals, please check with your local hospital to see if this service is available.